Immensely readable, this work bolts together the image or theory and the reality of what is required to change the performance of an enterprise. Whether the challenge is renewal or fundamental change, this book delivers real-life depictions that will help all who invest the time.
--Richard A. McGinn, president and COO, Lucent Technologies, Inc.
Stand on the front lines of innovation with today's top business leaders. Throughout this page-turner, archconsultant David Nadler leverages twenty years of work with many of the world's most acclaimed CEOs to provide a detailed, inside account of how they've led the most difficult and significant change efforts of our times. Case examples include initiatives undertaken at Sun Microsystems, Lucent Technologies, Xerox, Corning, AT&T and Kaiser Permanente. Engaging and inspiring, it offers leaders and managers at every level a new, field-tested repertoire of concepts, tools and techniques for understanding the dynamics of change and managing it effectively.
2. Where to Start: Understanding Organizations.
3. From Tuning to Overhaul: The Dimensions of Change.
4. Reshaping the Entire Enterprise: The Special Challenges of Discontinuous Change.
5. Winning Hearts and Minds: Overcoming the Obstacles to Change.
6. Setting the Stage: Recognizing the Change Imperative.
7. Waging the Great Campaign: Developing a Shared Direction.
8. Building a New Strategy: The Strategic Choice Process.
9. Redesigning the Organizational "Hardware": The Keys to Strategic Design.
10. When Worlds Collide: Aligning Strategy And Culture.
11. Finding the Right People: A Guide to Strategic Selection.
12. Staying the Course: Consolidating and Sustaining Change.
13. Leading the Charge: The Unique Role of Senior Management.
14. Learning to Lead Change: The New Principles for CEOs and Companies.