1. For Parents Only: Stickin′ To, Gettin′ With, and Watchin′ Over Thy Self.
2. Walking the Walk and Talking the Talk of Preschoolers and Toddlers.
3. When Black Children Are Cute, The World is Watching: Discipline and School–Age.
4. When Black Children Grow Wings, The World Gets Scared: Discipline and Pre–Teens.
5. When Black Children Fly, The World Retaliates: Self–Discipline for the Teenager.
Resources on Discipline.
This well–written book contributes substantially to child–rearing literature for African American parents. Through their trifold approach to discipline, showing love and affection, being involved with children and community, and providing correction and accountability, the authors clearly explain how to help children deal with racism and how parenting is different for African Americans. Highly recommended! (Library Journal)