The cases discussed in Volume VI ofTo Improve Health and Health Care provide a critical analysis of the Foundation′s activities and how it tackles health and health care issues. Written by the country′s leading science and medical journalists, as well as experts from universities and The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, this volume includes chapters on a variety of topics:
Reflections on Health, Philanthropy, and The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation: An Interview with Steven A. Schroeder
- The Health Tracking Initiative
- Primary Care Development Strategies
- End–of–Life Programs
- Tobacco–Cessation Programs
- Combating Alcohol Abuse in Northwest New Mexico
- Building Health Policy Research Capability in the Social Sciences
- The Robert Wood Johnson Community Health Leadership Program
- The Covering Kids Communication Campaign
- The Swing–Bed Program
Editors′ Introduction (Stephen L. Isaacs and James R. Knickman).
Section One: Reflections on Health, Philanthropy, and The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation.
1. A Conversation with Steven A. Schroeder (Renie Schapiro).
Section Two: Improving Health Care.
2. The Health Tracking Initiative (Carolyn Newbergh).
3. Practice Sights: State Primary Care Development Strategies (Irene M. Wielawski).
4. The Foundation′s End–of–Life Programs: Changing the American Way of Death (Ethan Bronner).
Section Three: Improving Health.
5. The Center for Tobacco–Free Kids and the Tobacco–Settlement Negotiations (Digby Diehl).
6. Helping Addicted Smokers Quit: The Foundation′s Tobacco–Cessation Programs (C. Tracy Orleans and Joseph Alper).
7. Combating Alcohol Abuse in Northwestern New Mexico: Gallup′s Fighting Back and Healthy Nations Programs (Paul Brodeur).
Section Four: Strengthening Human Capacity.
8. Building Health Policy Research Capacity in the Social Sciences (David C. Colby).
9. The Robert Wood Johnson Community Health Leadership Program (Paul Mantell).
Section Five: Communications.
10. The Covering Kids Communications Campaign (Susan B. Garland).
Section Six: A Look Back.
11. The Swing–Bed Program (Sharon Begley).
Table of Contents, To Improve Health and Health Care 1997.
Table of Contents, To Improve Health and Health Care 1998–1999.
Table of Contents, To Improve Health and Health Care 2000.
Table of Contents, To Improve Health and Health Care 2001.
Table of Contents, To Improve Health and Health Care Volume V.