Enlightened Power is a first–of–a–kind book that answers this question––and forever changes the traditional notions involving women in leadership. The book features the accumulated wisdom of 40 influential men and women who represent the most compelling voices in the field, including:
- Dynamic business leaders such as Eileen Fisher (founder, Eileen Fisher, Inc.), Barbara Corcoran (founder and chairman, The Corcoran Group), and Pat Mitchell (president and CEO, PBS)
- Trailblazing women from other arenas such as politics (Ambassador Swanee Hunt), the military (Rear Admiral Deborah A. Loewer, USN), and sports (U.S. Olympian Marilyn King)
- Renowned thought leaders such as Riane Eisler, Rayona Sharpnack, Sally Helgesen, Peggy Klaus, Bruce Patton, Nancy J. Adler, and Gail Evans
- Leading–edge academics, activists, executives, entrepreneurs, and practitioners
Introduction: The Time Is Now: A Leader′s Personal Journey (Linda Coughlin).
Part One: Reimagining Power.
1. The Economics of the Enlightened Use of Power (Riane Eisler).
2. The Power of Shifting Context: Becoming a Contextual Leader (Rayona Sharpnack).
3. Deeper Power (Carol Anderson and Patricia Shafer).
4. Failing Well: How to Be Vulnerable and Strong (Barbara Corcoran).
5. Work as Love Made Visible: Finding Your Passion (Gail Straub).
6. The Inextricable Link Between Mentoring and Leadership (Stacy Blake–Beard).
7. Influencing for Impact (Kira Hower).
8. The Natural Leadership Talents of Women (Helen E. Fisher).
9. Are We Looking After Each Other? Women Leaders Winning the Game (Gail Evans).
10. With Children: Leading an Integrated Life (Susan Brady and Gabriella Salvatore).
11. Cultivating the Still Point: The Power of Reflective Leadership (Ellen Wingard).
Part Two: Paths of Power.
12. Our Many Possible Selves: What Do We Want? (Herminia Ibarra).
13. Women Building Businesses: Courage to Find Your Way (Sharon P. Whiteley).
14. Taking Risk: Lessons from an Unconventional Career Arrangement (Cynthia Cunningham and Shelley Murray).
15. Trafficking in Trust: The Art and Science of Human Knowledge Networks (Karen Stephenson).
16. Enlightened Power Through Difficult Conversations (Bruce Patton, Michele Gravelle, and Scott Peppet).
17. Crossing Over: Leadership That Makes Others Want to Follow (Barbara McMahon).
18. Leading Authentically: New Research into the Link Between the Essential Self and Leadership Effectiveness (Tricia Naddaff).
19. Completing the Circle: The Business Imperative for Diversity (Toni Riccardi).
20. Good Girls Don t Brag, Do They? (Peggy Klaus).
21. An Unwavering Stand for Results: A Leader′s Perspective (Tracey Warson).
22. Leading Beyond Boundaries: The Courage to Enrich the World (Nancy J. Adler).
Part Three: A New Power in the World.
23. The Sustainable Advantage (Sally Helgesen).
24. Snapshots of a Corporate Radical (Barbara Waugh).
25. The Socially Responsible Leader (Eileen Fisher and Susan M. Schor).
26. Inclusive Transformation: A Different Power (Swanee Hunt).
27. Pushing Open the "Door Of Opportunity": Women in Our Armed Forces (Rear Admiral Deborah A. Loewer, USN).
28. Olympian Thinking: Producing Extraordinary Results in Our World (Marilyn King).
29. Being a Leader of Leaders (Marian L. Heard).
30. Aren′t We the Dream? (Erin Gruwell).
Afterword: Changing the Nature of Power (Pat Mitchell).
About Linkage, Inc.