"A succinct and thought–provoking book for parents, teachers, and educators." ––Library Journal
1. Motivation: The Key to Learning.
2. Family, School, Culture: Powerful Influences.
3. Eagerness to Learn: Cultivating the Desire.
4. Grades, Homework, and Television: Thorny Concerns.
Part Two: How to Support a Child′s Learning and Solve Motivational Problems.
5. Building a Positive Parent–Teacher Relationship.
6. Fostering Success in Learning.
7. Reducing Anxiety Over Tests and Grades.
8. Overcoming Boredom and Indifference.
9. Encouraging Effort and Perseverance.
Epilogue: Creating Friendship Between a Child and Learning.