Introduction: A Guide to the Guide
1. Children in At–Risk Situations
2. What Are Accelerated Schools?
3. Getting Started
4. The Inquiry Process
5. Group Dynamics and Meeting Management
6. Creating Powerful Learning Experiences
7. The What of Powerful Learning: Developing Meaningful Curricula
8. The How of Powerful Learning: Instructional Innovations and Rediscoveries
9. The Context of Powerful Learning: Supportive Organizational Elements
10. Family and Community Involvement
11. How Will I Know If My School Is Accelerating?
AppAndix: The Inquiry Process: A Notekeeping Device
"The Accelerated Schools Project gives us an opportunity to work hard, be successful, and to fight off the temptations of mediocrity." ––––Michael O′Kane, prinicpal, Burnett Academy, San Jose Unified School District
"The accelerated schools philosophy takes our dreams and visions as educators, parents, and students and turns them into reality." ––––Virginia Lynch, teacher, ARNONE Community Schools, Brockton, Massachusetts