- A quality, international, ethics and diversity exhibit in each chapter
- Critical thinking questions at the end of each major section within each chapter
- Chapter summaries
- Definitions of key terms as they appear.
1. Managers and Organizations Today.
2. The Evolution Toward Total Quality Management.
3. International Competition and Management.
4. Managerial Ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility.
Part II: Planning and Strategic Management for Customer Value:.
5. Decision Making, Problem Solving and Continuous Improvement.
6. Corporate and Competitive Strategy.
7. Customer Value Strategy.
Part III: Organizing for Total Quality:.
8. Organizational Structure and Design.
9. Managing Human Resource Systems.
10. Organizational Culture and Change.
Part IV: Behavioral Processes:.
14. Teams and Groups.
Part V: Control and Systems Improvement:.
15. Statistical and Other Quality Tools for Systems Improvement.
16. Management Information Systems.
17. Managing Technology and Technological Change.
18. Operations Management for Control and Improvement.
Fred T. Whitman, Mary Washington College