This second edition contains a new chapter "Performance that Boosts Employee Morale". This chapter links the performance pyramid to team and individual performance (a criticism of most performance management systems) and shows how measures can help to energize individuals and organizations. Also new for the second edition is a section on the process for deploying goals as well as measures throughout the organization.
1. Do Your Yardsticks Measure Up?.
2. Taking of the Blinders.
3. Dynamic Strategies need Dynamic Yardsticks.
4. The Eyes of the Customer.
5. Down to Brass Racks.
6. Performance that Counts to the Customer.
7. Performance that Counts to the Bottom Line.
8. Custom Railoring Performance Measures.
9. Altering the corporate Mindset.
10. Mending and Remodeling Related Systems.
"Outstanding. Finally a book that doesn′t stop at what′s wrong with the traditional ways of measuring success. Richard Lynch and Kelvin Cross present a clear and consistent approach to changing obsolete corporate yardssticks. Measure Up! should be required reading for any manager concerned with improvement strategies and organizational learning." Ray Stata, President, Analog Devices.