This second edition contains a new chapter "Performance that Boosts Employee Morale". This chapter links the performance pyramid to team and individual performance (a criticism of most performance management systems) and shows how measures can help to energize individuals and organizations. Also new for the second edition is a section on the process for deploying goals as well as measures throughout the organization.
1. Do Your Yardsticks Measure Up?.
2. Taking of the Blinders.
3. Dynamic Strategies need Dynamic Yardsticks.
4. The Eyes of the Customer.
5. Down to Brass Racks.
6. Performance that Counts to the Customer.
7. Performance that Counts to the Bottom Line.
8. Custom Railoring Performance Measures.
9. Altering the corporate Mindset.
10. Mending and Remodeling Related Systems.