Cases in International Organizational Behavior examines the complexity of managing people across boarders. The unique "multi–functional" nature of the case selected is designed to focus attention on the decision–making processes involved in international management.
The cases deal with issues such as conflict arising through cross–cultural interaction; the differing worldwide perception and value of business ethics; the importance of understanding local organizational designs; and how appropriate leadership, motivation, and communication are key to business success. Not only is Cases in International Organizational Behavior an ideal supplement to organizational behavior and international management courses, it also offers invaluable insights to practitioners who need to excel in the workplace.
List of Contributors.
1. Rough Times At Nomura: Allen Bird, Ron Dalbell, Richard Madigan, Jim Noble, and Prema Venkat.
2. Chiba International, Inc: Nina Hatvany and Vladimir Pucik.
3. Euro Disneyland: Stewart Black, Hal B. Gregersen and Sonali Krishna.
4. Computex Corporation: Martin Hilb.
5. Ellen Morre in Bahrain: Gail Ellement, Martha Maznevski, and Henry W. Lane.
6. TDK de Mexico: Manab Thakur.
7. IKEA: P. Grol, C. Schoch and CPA.
8. Olivia Francis: Mark Mendenhall.
9. How Much Sleaze is too Much?: Asbjorn Olsand.
10. Chicago Medical Supplies Corporation: Explaining Sales in India: Lynne H. Rosansky.
11. Colgate Palmolive in Post–Apartheid South Africa: David T. Bealy.
12. Leadership of TQM in Autocratic Settings: Asbjorn Olsand.
13. Chang Koh Metal Ptd. Ltd, in China: Thomas Begley.
14. Rus Wane Equipment: Joint Venture in Russia (A) and (B) and Note on Russia′s History and Recent Business Environment: Stanislaav V. Shekshnia and Sheila M. Puffer.
15. The Donor Services Department: Joyce Osland.
16. Nissan Italiz, SPA: Ayako Asakura and Susan Schneider.
17. Creating a Learning Organization Through HRM: A German–Czeck Joint Venture (A): Dianne J. Cyr and Susan C. Schneider.
18. Technogrid Group and A/O Navicon: J. Stewart Black and Marat Shinkarev.