∗ Updated institutional information, including coverage of US treasury auctions, investment banking, brokers and dealers, bank regulation, and mortgage markets.
∗ Extensively revised end of chapter problems challenging the student to think critically.
∗ More user friendly chapters on spot and forward interest rates, coupon–bearing bands, bond investment risks and features.
2. Determinants of Interest Rates.
3. Neo–Keynesian Model.
4. Federal Reserve.
5. Issuers of Securities.
6. Financial Intermediaries.
7. Bank Regulation and Management.
8. Efficient Markets.
9. Spot and Forward Interest Rates.
10. Coupon–Bearing Bonds.
11. Bond Investment Risks and Portfolio Strategies.
12. The Term Structure of Interest Rates.
13. Default Risk.
14. Call Features on Bonds.
16. Money Market Instruments.
17. International Financial Markets.
18. Municipal Bonds and Taxation.
20. Puts and Calls.
21. Futures Contracts.
22. Financial Futures Contracts.
23. Swaps and Financial Engineering.