Written in clear, everyday language, Destructive Turfgrass Insects covers the biology, diagnosis, and control of virtually all the insects and mites that attack warm– and cool–season turfgrasses. No other source gives you as many practical and comprehensive management guidelines for use on golf courses, lawns, and sports fields.
2. Insect Biology and Identification.
3. Detection and Monitoring of Insect Pests.
4. Insecticides––Types and Modes of Action.
5. Using Insecticides Safely.
6. Using Insecticide Effectively.
7. Safeguarding the Environment.
8. Root–Infesting Insect Pests.
9. Pests that Burrow in Stems or Damage Crowns.
10. Pests that Suck Juices and Discolor Leaves and Stems.
11. Insects That Chew Leaves and Stems.
12. Biting and Stinging Pests in the Turf Environment.
13. Nuisance Pests and Innocuous Invertebrates.
14. Beneficial Invertebrates: Predators, Parasitoids, and Thatch Busters.
15. Managing Nuisance Wildlife Problems in the Turfgrass Environment.
Appendix 1. Sources of Local Information.
Appendix 2. Reference Books and Periodicals.
Appendix 3. Sources of Pest Management Equipment.
Appendix 4. Weights and Measurements.
Glossary of Terms.