A major strength o the book is the wealth of information presented on management strategies, complete with do–it–yourself instructions for site selection, soil preparation, seed rates and planting, turf establishment, and renovation. Time and cost–saving techniques for effective mowing, thatch control, pest management, water conservation, water management, fertilizer use, stress management, and pest management are presented in a user–friendly manner complete with helpful checklists, and step–by–step instructions. A vast amount of useful reference material will ensure the success of your maintenance program. No other book covers virtually every aspect of successful turf management.
- Covers every aspect of a successful turfgrass maintenance program.
- Presents hundreds of cost–saving methods.
- Tips to reduce labor.
- Simple step–by–step instructions.
- Hundreds of photographs and drawings.
- Encyclopedic reference material.
- Unique turf selection guidelines.
- Fundamentals of turfgrass soils.
Performance of the "Traditional" Turf Species under Reduced Maintenance.
Grasses That Demand Less Maintenance.
Unconventional Grasses and Grass–Like Plants.
Choosing the Best Grass for Your Location.
Turf Establishment and Renovation.
Using Less Fertilizer.
Lighten Your Mowing.
Trim Your Pesticide Budget.
Appendix: A Catalog of Unconventional Grasses.