This new edition ofPreparing for Promotion, Tenure, and Annual Review contains a number of additional resources not included in the previous version materials that are designed to help faculty prepare for a major professional review such as post–tenure review, teaching with technology, dealing with changing guidelines and policies, and suggestions on how annual review materials can be used as a foundation for the promotion and tenure portfolio.
In addition to updated references and resources, there are also expanded sections on scholarship, on teaching and on advising, on how to best document faculty role and impact as part of a team, and on collegiality.
Part I: Process.
1. Planning Ahead.
2. Documenting Your Work.
Part II: Resources.
1. Assessing Collegiality: A Faculty Survey.
2. Documenting Effectiveness and Impact as a Member of a Team.
3. Mini–Quest: Questionnaire for Evaluating an Instructional Unit.
4. Documenting an Instructional Innovation or Use of Technology: Guidelines for Faculty.
5. Student Ratings of Faculty: Special Instructions Settings.
6. Evaluating an Advisor: Slelected Items From the ACT Survey of Academic Advising.
7. Documenting and Assessing the Work of Faculty.
8. The Teaching Portfolio: Narrative Guidelines of Faculty.
9. Evaluating Teaching: Selected Additional References.
10. Preparing for Promotion, Tenure, and Annual Review: A Faculty Checklist.