DVD sold separately) is designed to help teachers or trainers conduct lectures or training sessions on the content of the DVD. The guide follows each section of the DVD, providing succinct summaries of key section content, section review test questions and answers, and test questions and answers covering key concepts. The DVD,Companion Workbook, andFacilitator′s Guide are designed so that instructors can cover only the content of the DVD or springboard into further coverage of any of the concepts.
Designed to be used in conjunction with the DVD and its Companion Workbook, this guide includes:
- Summary highlights of content shown in the DVD
- Chapter review questions and answers summarizing key concepts
- Test questions and answers on selected chapter concepts
- Optional topics for further discussion, with talking points
- Scripts and critiques of the role–played scenarios demonstrating selected aspects of the ESTs
- References to empirical support, clinical resources, and training opportunities for the treatments discussed
- Online links to client homework exercises consistent with the therapeutic techniques described and demonstrated
- Explanations of correct and incorrect answers to the test–style questions from each chapter
Chapter 1 What Is Generalized Anxiety Disorder? 1
Chapter 2 What Are the Six Steps in Building a Treatment Plan? 4
Chapter 3 What Is the Brief History of the Empirically Supported Treatments Movement? 6
Chapter 4 What Are the Identified Empirically Supported Treatments for Generalized Anxiety Disorder? 11
Chapter 5 How Do You Integrate ESTs into Treatment Planning? 16
Chapter 6 What Are Considerations for Relapse Prevention? 45
Closing Remarks and Resources 47
Appendix A A Sample Evidence–Based Treatment Plan for Generalized Anxiety Disorder 49
Appendix B Chapter Review Test Questions and Answers Explained 52
Timothy J. Bruce, PHD, is Professor and Associate Chair of the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Medicine at the University of Illinois College of Medicine in Peoria, Illinois, where he also directs medical student education and serves as associate director of the psychiatry residency training program. Highly recognized as a clinician–educator, Dr. Bruce has received nearly thirty awards for teaching over his career.
Arthur E. Jongsma, Jr., PHD, is the Series Editor for the bestselling PracticePlanners®. Since 1971, he has provided professional mental health services to both inpatient and outpatient clients. He was the founder and director of Psychological Consultants, a group private practice in Grand Rapids, Michigan, for twenty–five years. He is the author or coauthor of over forty books and conducts training workshops for mental health professionals around the world.