- New advances in information technology
- New techniques, tools, and methodologies
- Understanding the project or program you are working on
- Organizing the project management function
- Setting up the project team and building project commitment
- Starting up a project rapidly and efficiently
- Managing multiple projects
- Selecting project planning and scheduling software packages
- Conducting in–progress evaluations and providing project direction
- Finishing the project on time, within budget, and according to specifications
Executive Overview of Project Management.
Programs and Projects.
Improving Project Management Capabilities.
Integrative Roles in Project Management.
Integrative and Predictive Project Planning and Control.
Project Team and Key Human Aspects of Project Management.
Organizing the Project Management Function and Office.
Managing Project Portfolios, Programs, and Multiple Projects.
PART II. MANAGING SPECIFIC PROJECTS.
Organizing the Individual Project Office and Project Team.
Planning and Initiating Projects.
Project Team Planning and Project Start–Up.
Authorizing and Controlling the Work, Schedule, and Costs.
Project Interface Management.
Evaluating, Directing, and Closing Out the Project.
Appendix: Integrated Scope, Schedule, Resource, Financial, and Risk Management for Projects.