If you′re like most architectural interior designers, you spend 30% or more of your time on room data research. Here s a source of information that will greatly reduce your research time and lead you directly to the facts you need, when you need them. It covers standards, requirements, and commonly used choices for every element in every type of room in every kind of building from room areas, fixtures, and lighting, to acoustics, HVAC, and fire protection. Data was compiled from dozens of different sources to save you from having to hunt through them yourself. It can be annotated and customized for your own design firm, or put into a computer database for even speedier access. All information is organized by specific building and room type in the order that you need it. High–, mid–, and low–cost options are provided throughout to help you make sure your clients get what they want at a fair price whether the project is an auditorium, commercial space, housing, medical facility, public building, school, industrial building, or athletic facility. In one convenient source, here s the design data you need on:
- the most commonly used flooring, walls, and ceiling types
- occupancy and fire requirements
- lighting requirements, information on electrical power, plumbing, and sound–proofing
- plumbing needs, necessary air changes per hour, and temperature limits
- desired fixtures,fittings, equipment, and furnishings
- and many other elements critical to design
While other design guides cover some of the design details you need, Architect′s Room Design Data Handbook covers all of them. It′s an essential, time– and money– saving reference for architects, interior designers, and facility planners.