- apply expert systems and artificial intelligence in risk management
- instill safety–oriented operating and maintenance procedures
- train operators and emergency response personnel
- conduct internal and external safety audits
- perform chemical dispersion, explosion, and fire analyses
- assess health effects from chemical releases
- use insurance vehicles to deal with residual risk.
Screening Analysis Techniques (M. Sawyer, et al.).
Checklist Reviews (R. Hessian & J. Rubin).
Preliminary Hazards Analysis (R. Hessian & J. Rubin).
Safety Audits (R. Hessian & J. Rubin).
WHAT–IF Analysis (W. Doerr).
Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (R. O′Mara).
Hazard and Operability Studies (R. Sherrod & W. Early).
Fault Tree and Event Tree Analysis (H. Greenberg & B. Salter).
Chemical Plume Dispersion Analysis (S. Vigeant).
Explosion and Fire Analysis (F. Elia).
Assessment of Health Effects from Chemical Releases (B. Waterhouse, et al.).
Quantified Risk Assessment (R. O′Mara, et al.).
Calculation of Human Reliability (R. O′Mara).
Training for Industrial Facilities (R. Myers & D. Finley).
Emergency Preparedness (C. Burns & P. Armenante).
Risk Financing (M. Natale).
Computer Techniques (K. Reinschmidt).
Directions in Legislation and Regulation (J. Cramer).