Based on the "International Marketing (Export Distribution)" module of the syllabus of the Institute of Export, this new book provides an excellent introduction to the issues involved in international marketing.
The main focus of the book is the setting up of overseas distribution channels and the related issues that this raises. This gives comprehensive coverage of key topics such as:
∗ Market selection
∗ Methods of market entry
∗ Legal agreements and exporting services
Particular attention has been paid to the use of the case studies and worked examples to show how international marketing decisions are arrived at. The practical approach that the book takes will make it an ideal text for those taking professional examinations in the field, for executives in exporting businesses, and for the general business reader.
Series Editor′s Introduction.
About The Institute of Export Examinations.
List of Figures and Exhibits.
1. Selecting a Marketing Strategy: Case Study 1.
2. Selecting a Marketing Strategy: Case Study 2.
3. Selecting a Marketing Strategy: Case Study 3.
4. World Markets.
5. Physical Distribution Factors in International Marketing.
6. United Kingdom Distribution Channels.
7. Overseas Distribution Channels.
8. Company Owned Distribution Channels.
9. Licensing, Franchising, Joint Ventures and Management Contracts.
10. Other Distribution Channels and Channel Selection.
11. Visiting Overseas Markets.
12. The Role of Service in International Marketing.