Managers at all levels must accept responsibility for this fundamental change. Products must be more durable. Repair, reconditioning, reuse and recycling must be maximized.
This important book, now available in paperback, provides managers and students with practical strategies with which to respond to these challenges.
Foreword: Ronnie Lessem.
1. What does Sustainable Development mean?.
2. Vision and Values.
3. Horses for Courses – the Size Factor.
4. The Numbers Game.
5. Good Work: Different Arrangements.
6. Conducting the Orchestra.
7. Pulling Together: Alternative Ownership.
8. Quality, Codes and Standards.
9. New Rules for the Business Game.
10. New Age Opportunities: Sustainable Technologies.
11. Postscript: The World′s Search for New Systems.
Long Range Planning "Offers an excellent introduction to the most important topic for business..."
Executive Development "The scale, the courage, the demanding vision of this book makes it an exceptional read for any manager. There are all signs of the future in this book ... I commend this work for its breadth, foresightedness and its meticulous, and practical relevance to our human condition."
Sir Peter Parker