The author assumes no previous knowledge of company reporting and leads the reader carefully through the key features of the field to give a clear understanding of:
∗ The professional and legal regulations that support the foundations of company reporting
∗ Analysis and interpretation of company financial statements from the user′s perspective
∗ The major weaknesses and limitations of company reports, and the questioning approach that the user should adopt
∗ The impact of European and environmental issues.
The book′s relevance and applicability to the real world of business is enhanced throughout by reference to and analysis of real life company financial statements and reports.
2. Regulatory Framework of Company Reporting.
3. Format of Financial Statements.
4. Verification of Financial Statements.
5. Profit and Loss.
6. Balance Sheet.
7. Directors′ Report and Operating Financial Review.
8. Cash Flow.
9. Analysis of Financial Statements.
10. Taxation and Foreign Currency in Financial Statements.
11. Group Accounts.
12. Statement of Principles.
13. International Influences on Company Reporting.