This text is concerned with the examination of contextual and content issues surrounding people and organizations. The module examines those sociological issues such as organizational theory, management, social structure and the nature of work. It also examines psychological issues such as leadership, motivation, perception and personality. The text is aimed at Level One business studies undergraduate students and is well supported with case study materials, articles and activities.
People in Organisations has been written and developed by a highly experienced team drawn from the Open Learning Foundation′s member universities. Extensively tested with students and using a range of questions, self–assessment exercises, worked examples and assignments, People in Organisations is the most effective teaching and learning resource available at this level.
2. Technology and Flexibility.
3. Continuity and Change.
4. The Nature of Organizations.
5. The Nature of Work.
6. Psychological Perspectives on Work and Organizations.
7. Motivating the Workforce.
8. Groups and Group Effectiveness.
9. Leaders Leading and the Led.
10. Organizational Communication.