The model presented in this workbook is flexible and suited to multiple purposes. Use The Fundraising Planner and learn how to:
- Create an effective overview plan
- Formulate a calAndar of events, mailings, and strategies to attract contributions
- Draw fundraising ideas from financial data
- Strengthen your donor and prospect lists
- - Survey your board to refine its mission
- Produce a basic funding proposal and press kit
- Prepare clear status reports for the board, development staff, and key fundraising participants
- Track progress towards your funding goal
The authors have organized the workbook into four sections corresponding to the main stages of designing a fundraising plan:
- Understanding the Big Picture
- Deciding Plan Inputs
- Putting the Plan Together
- Monitoring the Plan
Within each section, chapters detail how to master an essential fundraising skill and offer "To Do" exercises to reinforce learning. The exercises allow you to build a cogent, practical fundraising plan. Additionally, there are real-life examples reflecting current fundraising issues across the country. The Fundraising Planner provides easy-to-follow advice to fundraisers from organizations of all sizes. With this valuable guide, you and your team can achieve greater efficiency in the day-to-day challenges of fundraising.
Why You Need a Fundraising Plan.
How the Model Works.
UNDERSTANDING THE BIG PICTURE.
Determining the Funding Need.
Breaking the Funding Need into Manageable Parts.
DECIDING PLAN INPUTS.
Step I: Building the Case.
Creating a Core Communications Piece.
Selecting Case Support Materials.
Step II: Identifying Key Donors.
Recognizing Potential Donors.
Tracking and Evaluating Prospective Donors.
Involving Your Board.
Step III: Selecting Effective Fundraising Activities.
Planning Your Cultivation and Solicitation Activities.
Finding Institutional Donors.
PUTTING THE PLAN TOGETHER.
What Your Fundraising Plan Looks Like.
MONITORING THE PLAN.
Evaluating Your Progress and Following Up.