Introduction: How to Use This Book.
The Campus Confidential Mentors.
PART ONE. GETTING IN.
1. Approaching the College Search.
2. Beating the New SAT.
3. Acing the Application Process.
4. An Investment in Your Future: Funding Your Undergraduate Education Through Loans, Grants, and Scholarships.
5. Using the "Relevance Calculus" to Choose Your School.
PART TWO. CONSIDERATIONS FOR FRESHMAN YEAR.
6. The Ten Things to Do Before You Arrive on Campus.
7. What You Need and What You Don't Need to Take to College.
8. The Eleven Things to Do Right After You Arrive on Campus.
9. Keeping the Peace with your Roommates and Suitemates.
10. Staying Safe on Campus.
11. A Brief Overview of the Typical "Core" Curricular Requirements.
12. Your Freshman Year Goal-Setting Workshop.
13. Choosing Your Classes: Scheduling Secrets for the Freshman Year.
14. Athletics on Campus.
15. An Approach to Extracurricular Activities.
16. Fraternities and Sororities: Determining Whether the Greek Life Is the Life for You.
17. Study Habits and Time Management for the College Student.
18. The Twenty-Three Unwritten Rules of College Etiquette.
19. Romance on Campus.
20. Coming Out on Campus.
21. Setting Boundaries with Sex, Drugs, and Booze, and Other Legal Issues for the College Student.
22. Managing Stress, Health, and Well-Being.
23. Your First Semester Endgame: How to Approach "Reading Period".
24. Acing your Final Exams and Term Papers.
25. Looking Behind and Looking Ahead: Assessing the Damage and Charting the Course for Your Second Semester.
26. Transferring to Another School.
27. Planning a Meaningful Freshman Summer: The Brainstorming Workshop.
28. Moving Off-Campus and Managing Other Housing and Roommate Decisions.
PART THREE. CONSIDERATIONS FOR SOPHOMORE YEAR.
29. Your Sophomore Year Goal-Setting Workshop.
30. Choosing a Major and Designing a Course of Study.
31. Avoiding the Sophomore Slump.
32. Planning a Meaningful Sophomore Summer: The Brainstorming Workshop.
PART FOUR. CONSIDERATIONS FOR JUNIOR YEAR.
33. Halfway Home: The Midpoint Assessment and Junior Year Goal-Setting Workshop.
34. The Junior Year (or Semester) Abroad.
35. Looking Ahead to Graduate School.
36. The Junior "Thesis".
37. Planning a Meaningful Junior Summer: The Brainstorming Workshop.
PART FIVE. CONSIDERATIONS FOR SENIOR YEAR.
38. Your Senior Year Goal-Setting Workshop.
39. Five Ways to Avoid Senioritis.
40. Choosing and Completing the Senior Thesis or Senior Project.
41. Working After College.
42. Applying to Graduate School.
43. Finding Yourself: The Case for Taking Time Off After Graduation.
44. Your Graduation Planning Guide.
45. Our Parting Thoughts.
About the Author.