- Recommendations for capitalizing on group knowledge to accelerate the building of key project deliverables and ensure their quality as they are built
- A work session structure for planning, delivering, and following up facilitated work sessions
- Guides for building key project deliverables
- Sample agendas
- Proven techniques for managing the group dynamics
PART 1: THE POWER OF THE PARTNERSHIP: PROJECTS AND FACILITATION.
Section 1: The Commitment to Perform.
1. Old Dogs and New Tricks.
2. Facilitation Within the Project Lifecycle.
Section 2: The Ability to Perform.
3. Who’s on First?
4. What Effective Facilitation Is and Is Not.
PART 2: THE PARTNERSHIP IN PRACTICE: MAKING FACILITATED WORK SESSIONS WORK.
Section 3: Work Session Basics.
5. Making Work Sessions Work.
6. The Work Session Tightrope.
7. Preparing for the Work Session.
8. Conducting the Work Session.
9. Wrapping Up the Work Session.
Section 4: Facilitating the Deliverable.
10. Establishing the Project Charter.
11. Analyzing and Designing Business Processes.
12. Defining Business Requirements.
13. Assessing Risks.
14. Convening Work-in-Progress Reviews.
PART 3: THE TECHNIQUES.
Section 5: General Facilitation Techniques: Engaging the Group.
15. It’s All About Communication.
18. Facilitated Dialogue.
19. Nominal Group and Affinity Analysis.
20. Prioritization Techniques.
21. Breakout Groups.
22. Staying On Track: Agendas, Action Items, and Other Focusing Techniques.
Section 6: Specialized Facilitation Techniques: Building the Deliverables.
23. Creating a Purpose Statement.
24. Defining Objectives and Targets.
25. Scope Framing.
26. Guiding Factors: Assumptions, Constraints, Dependencies, and Touch Points.
27. Discovering Impacts.
28. Risk Analysis Matrices.
29. Process Decomposition.
30. Process Mapping.
31. Process Detail Table.
32. Context Diagramming.
33. Requirements Table.
34. Developing a Timeline.
PART 4: RESOURCES.
A. Cross-Reference Tables for Tools and Techniques.
B. Recommended Books and Journals.
C. Recommended Web Sites.
D. Recommended Organizations.
Templates on CD-ROM.
How to Use the Accompanying CD-ROM.