- The landscape of policies and practices that support student preparation and success
- Challenge and opportunity: rethinking the role and function of developmental education in community college
- Sustaining changes that support student success in community college
- New directions for dual enrollment: creating stronger pathways from high school through college
- Ready or not?
- Making prealgebra meaningful: it starts with faculty inquiry
- Pedagogies of visibility: the full e–mersion and beyond
- State college readiness initiatives and community colleges
- Looking ahead: synthesizing what we know about national, regional, and local efforts to improve student preparation and success
This is the 145th volume of the Jossey–Bass quarterly report series New Directions for Community Colleges. Essential to the professional libraries of presidents, vice presidents, deans, and other leaders in today′s open–door institutions, New Directions for Community Colleges provides expert guidance in meeting the challenges of their distinctive and expanding educational mission.
Andrea Conklin Bueschel is a program director at the Spencer Foundation. She is a former research scholar and member of the Strengthening Pre–Collegiate Education in Community Colleges research team at the Cernegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching.
Andrea Venezia is a senior research associate at WestEd.