Do you yearn to strike out on your own, take charge of your destiny, and create a better, more independent lifestyle for yourself? Read this book and learn how to start your consulting business while you still have the security of a regular job.
Consulting on the Side is for the professional who longs for independence but can′t simply walk away from a steady paycheck and company health benefits. Successful consultant and business author Mary F. Cook shows you how to build a thriving consulting practice gradually, without leaving your full–time job. Drawing upon her own experiences and those of others who established successful consulting practices on the side, she covers all the bases and offers sound, practical advice on everything from logistics to finances, ethics to personal issues. You′ll learn how to:
- Build a healthy client base while working a 9–to–5 job
- Market your services effectively without spending a fortune
- Respond to outside clients while staying productive at your current job
- Set fees and negotiate contracts
- Handle non–compete agreements and conflict–of–interest issues
- Develop an accounting/financial system that keeps your personal and business finances separate
- Set up and run a home office
- Learn to handle the stress of working two jobs
- Know when the time is right to quit your job and become a full–time consultant
Consulting on the Side helps you realize your dreams of financial independence without gambling with the job security you′ve worked so hard for.
Handling the Logistics of Balancing Two Jobs.
The Ethics of Consulting on the Side.
Identifying Your Best Area for Consulting.
Financial Analysis and Fee Setting.
Sources of Money to Start Your Business.
Starting Your Business at Home.
Developing Marketing and Sales Strategies.
Reviewing Legal, Accounting, Insurance, and Tax Issues.
Handling the Logistics of Being a Part–Time Consultant.
Knowing When to Quit Your Full–Time Job.