Part One: The Principles.
1. Higher Education––A System Under Fire.
2. Why the Academy Needs Strategic Planning.
3. Creating a Unique Model of Strategic Planning for Higher Education.
4. Planning to Fit the Institution′s Environments.
5. Negotiating Campus Politics.
Part Two: The Practices.
6. Concepts and Principles Underlying the Planning Process.
7. The Planning Process in Practice.
8. The People and Time Involved.
9. The Role and Functions of Committees.
10. Educating Participants and Stakeholders About the Plan.
11.Essential Areas I: Enrollment Management and Program Planning.
12. Essential Areas II: Resources, Technology, and Support Systems.
Part Three: Acting on the Plan.
13. Implementing the Plan.
14. Adjusting the Plan to Institutional Needs.
15. Moving from Strategic Planning to Strategic Management.