- Define the new product project aims and goals
- Create a market–based specification for a new or modified product or service
- Plan, develop, and schedule projects
- Break down the work structure for a project
- Manage people for maximum performance
- Monitor projects effectively from start to finish
- Make the right trade–offs when resources are limited
- Minimize risks and set up effective contingency plans
- Determine when changes are needed and adopt them smoothly
Quality, Speed, and Multifunctional Teamwork.
What Is a New Product Project?
DEFINING THE GOALS OF A NEW PRODUCT PROJECT.
The Triple Constraint.
How to Start Successful New Product Projects.
PLANNING A NEW PRODUCT PROJECT.
Why and How to Plan a New Product Project.
The Work Breakdown Structure.
Scheduling Tools and Time and Cost Estimating.
The Impact of Limited Resources.
Risk and Contingency.
LEADING THE PEOPLE WHO WORK ON A NEW PRODUCT PROJECT.
How to Organize a New Product Project.
Organizing the New Product Project Team.
Organizing the New Product Support Team.
The Role of the New Product Project Manager.
Practical Tips for New Product Project Managers.
MONITORING PROGRESS ON A NEW PRODUCT PROJECT.
New Product Project Reviews.
Handling Project Changes.
COMPLETING A NEW PRODUCT PROJECT.
How to Complete a New Product Project.
Where Do You Go From Here?