Strong financial management is essential to maintaining the highestquality playing conditions on every golf course. Through a clear and thorough explanation of basic accounting principles, the Superintendent’s Handbook of Financial Management, Revised Edition provides the necessary tools to manage the daily financial operations of private, semiprivate, and municipal golf courses.
Fully updated to address recent changes in the Uniform Accounting System, this helpful tool for understanding and making sound financial decisions discusses records and procedures, details and analyzes the golf course operating statement, and presents:
- Two major statements the income statement and the balance sheet
- Techniques for analyzing financial statements
- A model for determining the break–even point for golf courses
- The budget process, preparation techniques, and control procedures
- Methods of analyzing purchase decisions, repair vs. replace, and other nonroutine decisions
- Worked–out solutions for solving and preventing commonly encountered problems
Developed as a guide for passing the financial section of the GCSAA certification examination, the Superintendent’s Handbook of Financial Management, Revised Edition is a valuable tool for golf course superintendents, owners, and managers.
1. Introduction to Financial Management.
2. Overview of Financial Statements.
3. Basic Accounting Procedures and Records.
4. Golf Course Operations Schedule.
5. Analysis of Financial Statements.
6. Breakeven Analysis.
7. Operating Budgets.
8. Capital Budgeting.