The Turf Problem Solver is a solutions–oriented guidebook designed to help turf managers maintain optimal turf conditions. Written by two leading experts, this practical tool offers detailed advice on defining, analyzing, and solving today′s most common turf problems.
Presented in a distinguished case–based approach, The Turf Problem Solver features:
- Real–world examples and solutions
- Solutions for environmental, cultural, and pest and pesticide turf problems
- Coverage of human resources issues
- Accessible methods for evaluation, analysis, and synthesis
- Helpful appendices providing chemical names, maps, conversion charts, and calibration guidelines
Chapter 1. Introduction.
Cycles of Inquiry.
Chapter 2. Turfgrass Problems.
Summary of Turfgrass Problems.
Chapter 3. Environmental Problems.
Summary of Environmental Problems.
Chapter 4. Cultural Problems.
Cultivation and Topdressing.
Summary of Cultural Problems.
Chapter 5. Pest and Pesticide Problems.
Large Animal Pests.
Summary of Pest and Pesticide Problems.
Chapter 6. People Problems.
Appendix 1: List of Herbicides.
Appendix 2: List of Fungicides.
Appendix 3: List of Insecticides.
Appendix 4: List of Pant Growth Regulators.
J. M. VARGAS, Jr. is Professor of Plant Pathology at Michigan State University, where he has been involved in teaching, research, and extension for thirty–five years. An international authority who has presented worldwide, he has published more than 200 articles on turfgrass diseases and related subjects.