- Gain strength and meaning by transforming your thinking on how you view anxiety, doubt, death, and guilt
- Find new ways to bring spiritual and ethical values into your workplace
- Engage in profound change that will help you overcome cynicism that comes from superficial change
- Replace your loss of organizational loyalty and safety with a sense of freedom and accountability
"Both Koestenbaum and Block are such passionate men who bring together what we all seek in our work life–meaning, insight, and humanness. Bless them for this book." Joyce DeShano, board chair, Ascension Health
"Peter Koestenbaum′s message of courage and accountability in the face of anxiety has struck a powerful chord. He and Peter Block have helped us see the very core of our contribution–compassionately confront people with their own freedom." Kenneth F. Murphy, senior vice president, human resources, Philip Morris USA
"Prepare to have your world rocked. Koestenbaum and Block take on the profound task of understanding existence and its place in organizations. You will never be the same." Christopher G. Worley, director, MSOD Program, Pepperdine University
1. Experience of Freedom.
2. Choice, Reality, and Will.
3. Determinism and the Case Against Freedom.
4. Existential Understanding.
Part I: Implications.
5. Value of Anxiety.
6. Revelations of Anxiety.
7. Coping with Anxiety of Rebirth.
Part II: Implications.
8. Vitality of Death.
9. Revelations of Death and Failure.
10. Reality of Evil.
11. Coping with Anxiety of Evil.
Part III: Implications.
12. Two Kinds of Guilt.
13. The Problem of Meaning.
14. Constituting the Workplace.
Part IV Implications.