Resizing the Organization is a field guide for applying industrial and organizational psychology theories and practices to the management of change strategies.
Contributors to Resizing the Organization
David T. Bastien
Thomas J. Bergmann
Scott M. Brooks
Anthony F. Buono
Wayne F. Cascio
Kenneth P. De Meuse
Daniel C. Feldman
Emily L. Hause
Todd J. Hostager
Jill R. Kickul
Scott W. Lester
Raymond G. Lorenz
Mitchell Lee Marks
Kathryn D. McKee
Philip H. Mirvis
Jessica L. Saltz
Roger D. Sommer
Jack W. Wiley
Nina E. Woodard
Clifford E. Young
Preface (Dave Ulrich).
1. The Realities of Resizing (Mitchell Lee Marks, Kenneth P. De Meuse).
2. Who Moved My Drink? The Preparation for the Closure of Seagram′s Spirits and Wine Business: A Personal Experience (Ronny Vansteenkiste).
3. Another Layoff? A Dot–Com Reality! My Story (Jeffrey Crandell).
4. Contribution–Based Process for Continually Right–Sizing an Organization: Experiences from W. L. Gore & Associates, Inc. (Raymond G. Lorenz).
5. The Effects of Organizational Resizing on the Nature of the Psychological Contract and Employee Perceptions of Contract Fulfillment (Scott W. Lester, Jill R. Kickul, Thomas J. Bergmann, Kenneth P. De Meuse).
6. The Impact of Corporate Downsizing on Employee Fulfillment and Organizational Capacity (Jack W. Wiley, Scott M. Brooks, Emily L. Hause).
7. Financial Consequences of Employment–Change Decisions in Major U.S. Corporations, 1982–2000 (Wayne F. Cascio, Clifford E. Young).
8. Resizing and the Marketplace: The Response of Customers and Competitors to Reorganization (David T. Bastien, Todd J. Hostager).
9. The Impact of Layoffs on Family, Friendship, and Community Networks (Daniel C. Feldman).
10. Moving as the Markets Move: Planning for Resizing (Kathryn D. McKee, Nina E. Woodard).
11. How to Implement Organizational Resizing (Roger D. Sommer).
12. Revitalization After Resizing (Mitchell Lee Marks).
13. The Hidden Costs and Benefits of Organizational Resizing Activities (Anthony F. Buono).
14. Organizational Adaptability: Rethinking the Resizing Process (Jessica L. Saltz, Philip H. Mirvis).
15. Quicker, Faster, Cheaper, Smarter: Resizing Organizations, Resizing Employees (Kenneth P. De Meuse, Mitchell Lee Marks).