Written by James M. Kouzes and Barry Z. Posner two of the foremost experts on the topic of leadership the Jossey–Bass Academic Administrator′s Guide to Exemplary Leadership clearly shows how anyone can develop the key leadership skills needed "to get extraordinary things done" on their campuses. This important resource outlines the principles and practices that are solidly based in more than two decades of quantitative and qualitative research. TheJossey–Bass Academic Administrator′s Guide to Exemplary Leadership
- Describes the proven Five Practices of Exemplary Leadershipâ
- Explains the fundamental principles that support the key leadership practices
- Provides actual case examples of real people on college and university campuses who demonstrate each practice
- Offers specific recommendations on what to do to own these practices
- Shows how to continue to develop as a leader
Barry Z. Posner is dean of the Leavey School of Business, Santa Clara University, and professor of leadership.
Kouzes and Posner are the coauthors ofThe Leadership Challenge, Credibility, Encouraging the Heart, andThe Leadership Challenge Workbook. They also developed the highly acclaimedLeadership Practices Inventory (LPI) andLPI Online.com, 360–degree assessment tools based on the Five Practices.