An analysis of over 30 alliances in the US, Japan and Europe.
A blueprint for successfully forming and implementing an alliance.
Practical case histories of nine successful and unsuccessful alliances which highlight benefits and drawbacks.
Highly successful in hardback, this book is now available in paperback for undergraduate and MBA students of corporate strategy and international business.
Part I: Introduction:.
1. Strategic Alliances in International Business.
Part II: Formation and Evolution of Strategic Alliances:.
2. The Formation Process.
3. Evolution of Strategic Alliances.
Part III: Management Processes:.
4. Planning and Control Considerations.
5. Human Resource Management.
Part IV: Contextual Issues:.
6. Culture, Management Approach, and Performance.
7. Common Obstacles.
8. Emerging Challenges.
Part V: Conclusions and Implications:.