When there is a strong enough trust between parties in a business environment, you can:
- Be aware of far more of the workings of the environment, including how to generate value for other stakeholders
- Strengthen business relationships which help to deal with unimagined opportunities and contingencies
- Understand how to develop lean business processes without unnecessary or counterproductive management activities
- Manage business risks that could otherwise play havoc with the business
When business people deny the importance of trust, when some of their business relationships become cynical and exploitative, then a cycle is formed: lack of trust leads to cynical actions and cynical actions lead to a further erosion of trust. In this book, Aidan Ward and John Smith teach how to trust others and pinpoint real risk in business.
An Introduction to Trust.
PART 1: AUTHENTIC TRUST IS THE GOLD STANDARD.
1. Authentic Trust.
2. The Authentic Trust Benchmark.
3. The Application of Authentic Trust.
PART 2: NETWORK TRUST.
4. Network Trust in Action.
5. Radical Strategies for Networks of Value.
6. A World Running on Network Trust.
7. Building Network Trust in an Adversarial World.
8. Network Trust and Federation.
PART 3: AUTHORITY
9. The Crucial Link between Authority Trust and Business Risk.
10. A Case Study in Authority Trust and Insiitutions: When POSIWIDS Collide.
PART 4: COMMODITY TRUST.
11. The Commodity Trust Deal and its Effects.
12. Commodity Trust and Radical Brand Solutions.
13. Commodity Trust in Contracts.
PART 5: MANAGING THE DIFFERENT SORTS OF TRUST.
14. The Philosophy of Managing Risk.
15. The Cultural Foundations of Trust.
16.Working with Trust, Power and Risk.