When there is a strong enough trust between parties in a business environment, you can:
Be aware of far more of the workings of the environment, including how to generate value for other stakeholders
Strengthen business relationships which help to deal with unimagined opportunities and contingencies
Understand how to develop lean business processes without unnecessary or counterproductive management activities
Manage business risks that could otherwise play havoc with the business
When business people deny the importance of trust, when some of their business relationships become cynical and exploitative, then a cycle is formed: lack of trust leads to cynical actions and cynical actions lead to a further erosion of trust. In this book, Aidan Ward and John Smith teach how to trust others and pinpoint real ris k in business.
An Introduction to Trust.
PART 1: AUTHENTIC TRUST IS THE GOLD STANDARD.
1. Authentic Trust.
2. The Authentic Trust Benchmark.
3. The Application of Authentic Trust.
PART 2: NETWORK TRUST.
4. Network Trust in Action.
5. Radical Strategies for Networks of Value.
6. A World Running on Network Trust.
7. Building Network Trust in an Adversarial World.
8. Network Trust and Federation.
PART 3: AUTHORITY
9. The Crucial Link between Authority Trust and Business Risk.
10. A Case Study in Authority Trust and Insiitutions: When POSIWIDS Collide.
PART 4: COMMODITY TRUST.
11. The Commodity Trust Deal and its Effects.
12. Commodity Trust and Radical Brand Solutions.
13. Commodity Trust in Contracts.
PART 5: MANAGING THE DIFFERENT SORTS OF TRUST.
14. The Philosophy of Managing Risk.
15. The Cultural Foundations of Trust.
16.Working with Trust, Power and Risk.