Praise for the Third Edition of From Management to Leadership
"As leaders, we want engagement, commitment, ownership, teamwork, and results. Jo Manion illuminates the interpersonal skills that are pivotal. She provides the how in a way that's convincing, refreshing, mind-stretching, and practical."
- Wendy Leebov, EdD, president, Wendy Leebov and Associates
"This third edition continues the tradition of enumerating the incisive and articulate response of leaders to the complexities of the age and of the necessary recalibration of the leader's role. I encourage contemporary leaders to see this text as a must have in their leadership library: I certainly have it in mine!"
- Tim Porter-O'Grady, DM, EdD, ScD(h), APRN, FAAN, senior partner, Tim Porter-O'Grady Associates, Inc. and associate professor, College of Nursing and Health Innovation, Arizona State University
"Finally, a book that addresses the need for health care leaders and aspiring leaders to be much more than good managers. This book gives practical, concrete, and insightful strategies to becoming a great leader."
- Katherine W.
1. Leadership: An Elusive Concept.
2. Cultivating the Leadership Relationship.
3. Building Commitment: Getting Others to Follow.
4. Communicating with Clarity.
5. The Art of Effectively Facilitating Processes.
6. Getting Results.
7. Developing Others.
8. Conclusion: Leading in the Future.