Filled with illustrative examples and real–life success stories, Leveraging Good Will is an insider s guide to what it takes for nonprofits to transform their organizations through partnerships with businesses. Step by step, the book outlines how to create a solid plan based on proven–in–practice techniques. It offers practical information and shows how to connect businesses and business volunteers who will:
- Provide expertise in strategic planning, financial management, communications, pricing, and public relations
- Increase revenues and funding through strategic approaches
- Improve board governance by focusing on key issues, including the revenue model, mergers and alliances, and outcome measurement
This valuable book gives nonprofit leaders the confidence they need to leverage what they have to offer businesses including increased visibility and good will in the community, enhanced credibility and corporate image, leadership development, and team–building so they can attract and partner with businesses. In addition, the book offers invaluable advice on making the match work so that both businesses and nonprofits achieve their respective goals.
Melissa A. Berman).
1. Why Should Nonprofits Engage with Businesses?
2. Why Should Businesses Engage with Nonprofits?
3. Making the Match.
4. Making the Translation from the Business World to the Nonprofit World.
5. Understanding What It Means to Govern.
6. Building Better Boards: Providing a Sound Structure.
7. Building Better Boards: Focus, Focus, Focus.
8. Strengthening Leadership.
9. Bold Vision and Iterative Planning.
10. Volunteerism as a Powerful New Force.