A comprehensive guide to every aspect of firm operation:
- Organizational structure
- Sales management
- Marketing and advertising
- Business development
- Contract negotiations
- Intellectual property
- Writing proposals
- Strategic partnering
- Quality assurance
- Training and professional development
- Recruiting and retention
- Project management
- Risk management
- Finance and accounting
- Purchasing and procurement
- Vendor management
- Information technology
- Legal issues
- Office management
About the Authors.
SECTION I: Managing and Governing the Professional Services Firm.
1. Managing the Professional Services Firm (John Baschab, Jon Piot, and Robert H. Schwartz).
2. Professional Services Firm Benchmarking (Gina Gutzeit).
3. Partnership and Governance Structures (John J. Reddish).
SECTION II: The Front Office: Driving Sales and Growth.
4. Sales Management (Jana Carpenter).
5. Marketing and Business Development (Bryan J. Wick).
6. Service Line and Intellectual Property Creation (Thomas Marbach).
7. Proposal and Reference Management (Tim Bourgeois).
8. Strategic Partnering (T. Gregory Bender).
SECTION III: The Organization: Attracting and Retaining the Best Professionals.
9. Organization Structure (Frank Ribeiro).
10. Career Tracks, Compensation, and Professional Development (John Baschab and Jon Piot).
11. Professional Staff Recruiting and Retention (Brant C. Martin).
SECTION IV: Services Delivery: Taking Care of Business.
12. Service Delivery (D. Michael McDowell).
13. Resource Management (Joe Santana).
14. Risk Management and Quality Assurance (John Baschab and Jon Piot).
SECTION V: The Back Office: Efficient Firm Operations.
15. Finance, Accounting, and Human Resources (Jeffery B. Nemy).
16. Purchasing, Procurement, Vendor, and Asset Management (John Baschab and Jon Piot).
17. Information Technology (John Baschab, Craig E. Courter, and Jon Piot).
18. Real Estate and Facilities (K. Todd Phillips).
19. Legal Counsel (Scott M. McElhaney and Michael W. Malakoff).
20. Office Management (John Baschab and Jon Piot).
Appendix: About the CD–ROM.
JON PIOT is an executive officer and cofounder of Impact Innovations Group. He helped build the company from several professionals to over 700. His prior experience includes strategic consulting with Booz Allen Hamilton and Accenture. He holds an MBA from Harvard Business School and an undergraduate degree from Southern Methodist University. Baschab and Piot are also the authors of The Executive′s Guide to Information Technology, from Wiley.