The chapters cover a broad range of topics, including understanding the advantages and disadvantages of mutual funds and long and short–term investing, evaluating stock/bond allocations within fund portfolios, assessing fund diversification risk, measuring fund returns and risk, and making fund buy/sell decisions. Throughout the text, step–by–step decision checklists guide readers in the analysis and selection of various mutual funds. Treating all the major theoretical issues in mutual fund analysis and portfolio management, this book is both a thorough resource and a practical guide.
1. Understanding Mutual Funds.
2. Mutual Fund Service Advantages.
3. Mutual Fund Service Advantages: Professional Management.
4. Mutual Fund Service Disadvantages.
5. Mutual Fund Service Disadvantages: Expenses.
6. Long–Term Investing in Mutual Funds.
7. Portfolio Diversification Risk and Equity Style Allocation.
8. Mutual Fund Performance Measures and Buy/Sell Decision Criteria.
9. Mutual Fund Performance and Portfolio Investment Style Allocations.
10. Actively Managed versus Passively Managed Funds: The Search for Managers.
11. Mutual Funds: The Next Generation.
12. Economic and Market Indicators: Knowledge, Not Faith.