- Enables readers to analyze mutual funds by evaluating a fund's various performance and risk attributes.
- Includes templates, which provide an efficient, sound approach to fund analysis, interpretation of results, buy/sell decisions, and the timing of decisions.
- Combines clear summaries of existing research with practical guidelines for mutual fund analysis.
1. Understanding Mutual Funds.
2. Mutual Fund Service Advantages.
3. Mutual Fund Service Advantages: Professional Management.
4. Mutual Fund Service Disadvantages.
5. Mutual Fund Service Disadvantages: Expenses.
6. Long-Term Investing in Mutual Funds.
7. Portfolio Diversification Risk and Equity Style Allocation.
8. Mutual Fund Performance Measures and Buy/Sell Decision Criteria.
9. Mutual Fund Performance and Portfolio Investment Style Allocations.
10. Actively Managed versus Passively Managed Funds: The Search for Managers.
11. Mutual Funds: The Next Generation.
12. Economic and Market Indicators: Knowledge, Not Faith.