Part One: Leadership Diversity as Strategy.
1. Achieving Benefits from Leadership Diversity.
2. Challenging the Barriers to Opportunity.
3. Setting Goals for Sustained Leadership Development.
Part Two: Leadership Diversity as Procedure.
4. Establishing Accountability for Diversity.
5. Creating Meaningful Development Opportunities.
6. Using Recruitment to Build Diversity.
Part Three: Leadership Diversity as Action.
7. Step One: Discover (and Rediscover) Diversity Problems in Your Organization.
8. Step Two: Strengthen Top–Management Commitment.
9. Step Three: Choose Solutions That Fit a Balanced Strategy.
10. Step Four: Demand Results and Revisit the Goals.
11. Step Five: Use Building Blocks to Maintain Momentum.
Conclusion: Meeting the Challenges of Leadership Diversity.
"Picks up where her first book, Breaking the Glass Ceiling, left off."
"A practical guide to creating more powerful institutions by incorporating the talents and abilities of all sectors of our diverse culture." (Ann W. Richards, governor of Texas)
"If you have just been charged by your institution with responsibility for designing a program to increase diversity––ethnic and gender––at all levels of management, this is a how–to book for you."