Part One: Start–Up and Early Stages.
1. Focusing on the Patient to Meet the Challenges of Health Care Reform, Cape Coral Hospital.
2. The Evolving Role of Leadership in Creating Flexible, Productive Teams, Development Dimension International.
3. Keeping in Step with a Rapidly Changing Market, K Shoes, Ltd.
4. Building Teams from the Ground Up by Developing New Team Skills, Miller Brewing Company.
5. Streamlining Business Processes to Stay Competitive, Mine Safety Appliances Company.
6. Making a Commitment to Involve Everyone in the Change, Pzifer, Inc.
7. Using Teamwork to Redesign Core Processes, Sterling Winthrop, Ltd.
8. Driving Reengineering Through Empowered Teams, UCAR Carbon.
Part Two: Experienced and Maturing Stages.
9. Teams in Fast Forward: Building Commitment Quickly, Ampex Systems.
10. Gaining Business Focus Through Mini–Enterprise Units, Bord na MonaPeat Energy Division.
11. The Plant Start–Up That Became the Model for High–Performance Teams, Colgate–Palmolive Company.
12. Making Teams Work in Union and Nonunion Facilities, Hannaford Brothers Company.
13. Project–Based Teams: Creating Flexibility and Focus in a Matrix Environment, Harris Corporation.
14. Achieving Customer Satisfaction by Managing the Whole Business with Teams, Kodak Customer Assistance Center.
15. Using Total Quality Management as the Foundation for Teams, Milwaukee Insurance Company.
16. How Empowered Teams Helped Win the Malcolm Baldrige Award, Eastman Chemical Company.
17. The Baldrige and Beyond: Sustaining Systemwide Reengineering and Empowerment, Texas InstrumentsDefense Systems and Electronics Group.
18. The Language of Teams Can Be Spoken Anywhere, Texas InstrumentsMalaysia.
19. Aligning Systems to Keep Teams on the High–Performance Track, Westinghouse Electronic Assembly Plant.
20. Leading Teams: Transforming Managers into Coaches, Wilson Sporting Goods Company.
Part Three: Lessons Learned.
21. Taking a Deeper Look Inside Teams: A Summary of Best Practices.
22. The Future of Teams: Predictions About the Journey Toward Empowerment.