Rosso identifies the five essential steps in fund raising analysis, planning, execution, control, and evaluation and illustrates how each works in real life. Using numerous real–life examples and case studies, he offers advice on crisis planning, evaluating fund raising programs, understanding the "language" of fund raising, and more. And in amusing detail, he describes some of the mistakes made over his long career and the key lessons learned from them.
For both novice and experienced fund raising practitioners, Rosso on Fund Raising delivers a highly readable and entertaining distillation of the practical wisdom gained in a lifetime of fund raising experience.
1. Setting Realistic Expectations.
2. Growing a Successful Fund Raising Program.
3. Developing Leadership for Fund Raising.
4. The Art of Asking with Composure.
5. It′s All About Being Friends: Cultivating Donors.
6. Diversifying Funding Sources.
7. Classic Mistakes and Their Lessons.
8. Evaluating Fund Raising Programs and Capabilities.
FUND RAISING IN PERSPECTIVE.
9. Our Heritage: Rich in Values and Virtues.
10. A Blend of Art and Science: The Five Essential Steps in Disciplined Fund Raising.
11. Language and the Gentle Arts of Persuasion.
12. My Start in Fund Raising.
13. Stewardship in Giving and Receiving.
14. Recollections by One Who Was There.
15. A Call to Service.