This is the 91st journal in the Jossey–Bass series New Directions for Adult and Continuing Education.
1. Thinking Politically: A Framework for Adult and Continuing Education (Peggy A. Sissel).
2. The Politics of Neglect: Adult Learners in Higher Education (Peggy A. Sissel, Catherine A. Hansman, Carol E. Kasworm).
3. Negotiating the Democratic Classroom (Scipio A. J. Colin III, Thomas W. Heaney).
4. Achieving Voice and Security in Colleges of Education (Michael J. Day, Donna Amstutz, Donna Whitson).
5. The Gendered Construction of the Adult Education and Family Literacy Act (Barbara Sparks).
6. Living in the Feudalism of Adult Basic and Literacy Education: Can We Negotiate a Literacy Democracy? (B. Allan Quigley).
7. Political Hotbeds: Professional Organizations as Policymakers (Phyllis M. Cunningham).
8. Professionalization: A Politics of Identity (Arthur L. Wilson).
9. The Political Landscape of Adult Education: From the Personal to Political and Back Again (Catherine A. Hansman).