This is the 96th issue of the Jossey–Bass series New Directions for Child and Adolescent Development.
1. The Culture and Contexts of Achievement Motivation (Julian G. Elliott, Janine Bempechat).
2. Parenting Self–Efficacy Among Japanese Mothers: Qualitative and Quantitative Perspectives on Its Association with Childhood Memories of Family Relations (Susan D. Holloway, Kazuko Y. Behrens).
3. Learning Models in Different Cultures (Jin Li).
4. Achievement Motivation Across Cultures: Some Puzzles and Their Implications for Future Research (Neil Hufton, Julian G. Elliott, Leonid Illushin).
5. Implicit Theories of Intelligence Across Academic Domains: A Study of Meaning Making in Adolescents of Mexican Descent (Gisell Quihuis, Janine Bempechat, Norma V. Jimenez, Beth A. Boulay).
6. Contexts and Culture in Psychological Research (Robert A. LeVine).