Each year corporations spend millions on cause–related marketing and event sponsorships, yet nonprofits often lack the information they need to approach a potential sponsor and negotiate a mutually beneficial relationship.
Made Possible By is a step–by–step guide to securing successful, sustainable corporate sponsorships that will provide financial stability, increase visibility, and help your nonprofit achieve its mission. Sponsorship expert Patricia Martin walks you through every phase of the process and shows how to assess what it will take to get your organization prepared for success. Made Possible By gives you the information and tools you need to
- Get organizational buy–in
- Approach potential partners
- Prepare a winning proposal
- Negotiate contracts
- Report results
- Build long–term equity
- Evaluate the success of the relationship
Made Possible By is a handy reference you will want to keep close by to help you handle cold calls, craft an offer letter, prepare for your first meeting with a potential sponsor, and better understand legal and tax considerations. This practical resource will also give you the confidence to speak to corporations in language they understand and to determine if the relationship reflects your organization’s mission and values.
PART 1: UNDERSTANDING SPONSORSHIP.
1. Making the Transition to Sponsorship.
2. Preparing for Sponsorship.
3. Structuring Your Offer.
PART 2: ENGAGING WITH SPONSORS.
4. Drafting the Proposal.
5. Gaining Access to Sponsors.
6. Selling, Negotiating, and Closing the Deal.
7. Understanding Sponsorship s Legal and Tax Concerns.
8. Delivering the Deal and Communicating the Results.