This is the thoroughly revised and updated edition of the best–selling The Facilitator Excellence Handbook. Written for both new and experienced facilitators, the second edition of The Facilitator Excellence Handbook offers a comprehensive guide for understanding the full range of skills, processes, and knowledge needed to become an effective facilitator. The book addresses a variety of facilitation opportunities, challenges, and problems and also contains
- A variety of verbal and nonverbal facilitation techniques
- Step–by–step facilitation processes and tools
- Information on how to facilitate conflict resolution in groups and how to facilitate difficult situations
- Instructions for designing and leading group work
- Examples of how various levels of facilitator competency are called for in different types of groups
- Techniques for facilitating meetings, teams, virtual teams, and organization–wide projects
- Discussions on the art of facilitating and what makes a great facilitator
The Web content that accompanies this book includes a fully reproducible version of the Facilitator Skills Profile, which provides insight into a facilitator′s key development areas.
PART 1: Overview of Facilitation.
Chapter 1: Facilitation in Organizations Today.
Chapter 2: Role of the Facilitator.
PART 2: Basic Facilitation Skills.
Chapter 3: Verbal Techniques: What to Say.
Chapter 4: Nonverbal Techniques: What to Do.
Chapter 5: Recording Techniques.
Chapter 6: Reading the Group.
Chapter 7: Facilitating Consensus.
PART 3: Facilitator Methods and Tools.
Chapter 8: Generating and Organizing Material.
Chapter 9: Ranking and Evaluating Material.
Chapter 10: Facilitating Difficult Situations.
Chapter 11: Facilitating Conflict Resolution.
PART 4: Designing Effective Facilitations.
Chapter 12: How to Design a Facilitation.
Chapter 13: Organizing and Enhancing Group Work.
Chapter 14: Opening and Closing Activities.
PART 5: The Facilitator in Action.
Chapter 15: Levels of Facilitator Competency.
Chapter 16: Facilitating Meetings.
Chapter 17: Facilitating Teams.
Chapter 18: Facilitating Virtual Teams.
Chapter 19: Facilitating Organization–Wide Projects.
PART 6: Facilitator Excellence.
Chapter 20: Managing Yourself.
Chapter 21: The Art of Facilitating.
Chapter 22: What Makes a Great Facilitator?
Resources for Facilitators.
About the Author.
How to use the CD–ROM.