The Best of Active Training is a timesaving resource that offers 25 state–of–the–art workshop designs on training topics most currently in demand. Each of these proven one–day workshop activities has been selected from Mel Silberman s widely–acclaimed three volume series, 20 Active Training Programs. Using this resource, you will no longer have to spend hours of your precious time researching, experimenting, and documenting Active Training designs. Simply select those designs that best fit your training needs and use them as–is or tailor them for your particular circumstances. The CD–ROM contains all 25 designs so they can be effortlessly customized and fully reproduced.
Use The Best of Active Training to instantly fill gaps in your curriculum or create an entire program with a minimum of effort. The Best of Active Training also offers training consultants an economical resource that can be used to enhance and expand their repertoire of services and solutions.
Praise for the Popular Active Training Series by Mel Silberman
"I m Gung Ho! about Active Training. All trainers should find it a valuable reading experience. It is loaded with sound concepts and practical ideas."
Ken Blanchard, coauthor, The One Minute Manager and Gung Ho!
"Active Training will give you a wealth of ideas to actively engage your participants and promote participant–centered training."
Robert W. Pike, CSP, president, The Creative Training Techniques Companies
"Since its publication, Active Training has become a classic book in the field of training and development. A must–read for anyone who wants training to be effective and engaging."
Sivasailam "Thiagi" Thiagarajan, author, Games by Thiagi
1. Active Training Techniques: Promoting Learning by Doing (Mel Silberman).
2. Succession Planning: The Manager′s Role (William Rothwell).
3. 360o Feedback: Developing an Effective System (Charlotte Podowski).
4. Process Improvement: Using Process Maps for Analysis and Design (Tom Devane).
5. Effective Communication: Getting Your Message Across (Frances Young and Charles Haughton).
6. Coaching Skills: Supporting Employee Development (Mel Silberman).
7. Effective Listening: Better Relationships and Improved Results (Kevin Eikenberry).
8. Breakthrough Learning: Learning to Learn in a Changing World (Jeanne Baer).
9. Enhancing Established Trams: Strategies for Team Development (Laura McCann).
10. The Challenge of Change: Helping Others to Confront It (Karen Lawson).
11. Satisfaction Guaranteed: Delivering High–Caliber Customer Service (Kim Stott).
12. Sexual Harassment: A Workplace Delimma (Myra Bellin).
13. Personal Effectiveness: Strategies for Effective Living (Stephanie Juillerat and Laurie Schreiner).
14. New–Employee Orientation: Becoming Acquainted With a New Company (Stephanie Juillerat, Karen Lawson, and Nancy Carlson Lewine).
15. Consultative Selling: How to Build Partnership in Business Relationships (Denise A. Trifiletti and Ron A. Alexandri).
16. Productive Groups: Skills That Make a Difference (Mel Silberman).
17. Negotiating to Win/Win: Conflict Resolution in Personal and Professional Relationships (Mel Silberman).
18. Stress for Success: Understanding and Managing The Stress In Your Life (Vicky Whiteling).
19. Proactive Project Management: How to Be In Charge From Beginning to End (William Stieber).
20. Appreciating Diversity: A Window of Opportunity (Marie Amey–Taylor).
21. Career Exploration and Planning: Reviewing Your Options (Vicky Whiteling).
22. The Time of Your Life: Getting What You Want Through Time Management (Gretchen Castle).
23. Making Meetings Work: How to Plan, Organize, and Conduct Productive Meetings (Jean Haskell).
24. Conducting a Performance Review: Facilitating Employee Growth (Pat Gaddis).
25. The Art of Delegation: Effective Guidance for Your Direct Reports (Barry MacMillan).
How to Use the CD–ROM.
Pfeiffer Publications Guide.