Including ready–to–use and field–tested information, The Administrative Portfolio is a hands–on look at the why, what, and how of preparing and successfully using the portfolio. It includes
- Practical suggestions for getting started and then maintaining the most effective use of portfolios
- Key issues, red–flag warnings, and benchmarks for success
- Helpful answers to common questions
- Differentiation between portfolios for personnel decisions and those that are used for performance improvement
- A list of 21 possible portfolio items from which administrators can choose the ones most personally relevant
- A selection of 13 real portfolios from across administration positions and institutions
Written for presidents, provosts, academic vice presidents, deans, department chairs, and program directors, The Administrative Portfolio presents as well as demonstrates sensible strategies for how to develop and use a strong portfolio.