The practice of global account management (GAM) requires the development of a new structure, which is needed to support the global account manager. Companies are struggling with the components of this new structure as well as with GAM s role providing additional value for the global account, which could not be provided effectively at the local level. Supported by case studies and interviews, this book examines the key aspects of developing and managing global customers.
1. Introduction .
2. Global Drivers.
3. Analyzing a Global Customer′s Industry .
4. Analyzing the Global Logic of a Customer′s Business .
5. Understanding the Client′s Strategy.
6. Developing and Delivering the Value Proposition .
7. The Global Account Management Team .
8. Supporting and Implementing Global Account Management .
Appendix: Global Account Management in Action: Xerox, Marriott International and Hewlett–Packard .