Fixed Income Strategy aims to straddle the different worlds of theoretical models and practical market experience, while offering an interdisciplinary framework for fixed income investing and trading.
- A focused but very practical approach to fixed income investment
- Offer an interdisciplinary framework for fixed income investing and trading
- Combines theoretical models and practical market experience
- Incorporate principles of risk management and other ingredients for survival on the financial battlefield
This is a book for practitioners and definitely a good read for newcomers to the business of taking risk. Lots of helpful examples to illustrate the issues facing bond managers, and lots of good pointers to further research. Definitely one for the corporate book shelf. Alan J. Brown, Group Chief Investment Officer & Chairman, State Street Global Advisors Limited
PART I: BASIC TOOLS FOR ESTABLISHING A FIXED INCOME STRATEGY.
1. Fixed Income Basics.
2. Fixed Income Securities: Beyond the Basics.
3. Economic Fundamentals.
PART II: ENHANCED TOOLS FOR ESTABLISHING A VIEW ON INTEREST RATES.
4. Government Policy: The Interface between Economics and Politics.
5. Human Factors.
6. Technical Analysis: Applied Social Psychology.
7. Other Techniques for Short–Term Analysis.
8. An Integrated Approach to Bond Strategy.
PART III: IMPLEMENTING YOUR VIEW.
9. Fixed Income Instruments, Investors and Portfolio Management Styles.
10. Fixed Income Trading.
11. Odds and Ends.
12. Survival Principles for the Financial Battlefield.